Even though I am a huge nerd in more ways than I care to enumerate, I try not to assault my faithful readers with charts, graphs, and statistical analysis of questionable merit. Know that while you aren't looking, I'm obsessing about the data -- better ways to collect it, how to get more automated, what the trends mean. In fact, I think a lot about automation. Unfortunately for you, once a year, I like to put on my robe & wizard hat and dazzle you with my dorkiness. I'll try to be gentle.
Fact: I ran 680 miles in 2008. I ran on 167 days, which means I ran an average of 4.1 miles per workout.
Compared with 567 miles in 2007, that's a 20% improvement in total distance. And I think I am a little quicker now, maybe thirty seconds or a minute quicker per mile. I busted my 1,000 kilometer goal back in November; it'll be my challenge to kill the 1,000 mile goal in 2009.
Here is the monthly breakdown of miles with the number of workouts in brackets:
- January: 60.3 [14]
- February: 84.7 [16]
- March: 93.4 [16]
- April: 79.4 [15]
- May: 44.8 [11]
- June: 41.5 [12]
- July: 43.8 [14]
- August: 60.0 [15]
- September: 23.0 [7]
- October: 48.6 [16]
- November: 53.2 [15]
- December: 46.5 [14]
Suffice it to say that I had my ups and downs this year. Looking ahead to 2009, I plan on having ups and downs too. However, I hope that my ups are a little higher and my downs a little farther from [or not equal to] zero.
No comments:
Post a Comment