ORN: Today, I ran 5 miles in 49'50". I took it way easy on account of I felt like I had been sat on by Cthulhu or something. Seriously, I had a headache that wouldn't quit, and my joints ached like I was 90. I thought I had Lyme Disease or something. But by the 4.5 mile mark, I was feeling pretty good. In fact, once the run was over, I felt normal for the first time all day. Odd.
Now that I am thinking about it, after Saturday's nine miler, my body felt like hammered shit and hasn't stopped yet. It's not just my legs, either. My whole body ached as if I had been in a car accident or something. I guess I didn't help myself by chopping wood and cleaning out my gutters and a host of other chores all Saturday afternoon. I promised myself to take it easy on Sunday, and so I did. Or actually not. I went to the gym with the family and did 20 minutes of rowing and another 30-40 lazy minutes of crunches and other light, core stuff. Honestly, after the rowing, I barely did anything. Still, it wasn't full rest, and I guess I am paying for it today.
On top of everything else, I am spending the week detoxifying my innards. I don't know if there is any scientific merit to this, but Wifey and I are trying out this eating/supplement plan where we prepare our bodies for seven days by eating very healthily -- avoiding all the bad stuff that makes life worth living like trans fats, coffee, hooch, refined flour, sugar, etc. All this is so we can do a one-day juice fast. Supposedly, during the fast, my colon will cough up everything I've ever eaten, ever, and my liver will be as pure as a new-fallen snow. Frankly, I am looking forward to experiencing the monster shits it's supposed to deliver. My liver can kiss my ass.
After the bathroom adventures of the fast, we are supposed to eat well for three more days to recover and lock in the benefits. Translation: I have ten more days until I can have beer and hot wings again.
I don't know if this is related to the dieting and the supplements, but lately I have been 10 times crabbier, 11.2 times more sarcastic, 19% more intolerant, and twice as prone to fantasizing about punching people. I am in a rotten mood.
I've chased away a few headaches with a good run.
ReplyDeleteAs for the detox - uh, good luck! Sounds appetizing for sure ;)
And maybe it's the flu?
ReplyDeleteLOL! Whoever said that living healthily cannot be crappy :-D.
ReplyDeleteStill, the good thing about eating healthy food for a while is that you know you get to eat the good stuff again.
Great run. It is one of the best ways to make headaches and feeling crappy go away.
It's probably really geeky of me that I actually understand the reference to being sat upon by Cthulhu.
ReplyDeleteThe detox sounds horrible, but the post oh so funny. Good luck and remember...there is no crime in cheating a little, your liver won't tell anyone:) Ana-Maria
ReplyDeleteGreat post. While I was reading it, I started to be more and more thankful I don't live with you. LOL
ReplyDeleteSeriously, I'd like to know the outcome. I don't want pictures of the toilet--just like an update or something! LOL