ORN: This morning, I spent 9.11 increasingly boring miles in 1:32'07". Around mile six or so, I started getting really bored. My body was on auto-pilot, plodding along, but my mind had drifted over the places it wanted to explore by that point. I
ran started with my group, and ended with my group. Nobody seemed to be running my pace and my distance. I even broke it up so that I was only doing six by our scheduled start time. [I did three early.]
I felt great. It was a little cool, 40° and cloudy, but I wore too much clothing anyway. I was quite sweaty by the end of it.
Odd thing, I was ravenously hungry by mile seven. Like, I would have eaten a squirrel if I could have caught one. Fortunately, Tracy had the brains to bring some PowerBars and Clif Bars. I love Clif Bars. I gobbled one down and ran home to spend V Day with my girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment