2009-04-15

Five workouts to go

ORN: Maybe I shouldn't have, but today I did a tempo run at a target 8'30"/mile pace. Needless to say, I am happy with the split times below. All together, with warm up and cool down, I ran five miles in 45'35". I wanted to have one "quality" workout before I totally veg out next week. With this workout behind me, I've got five more to go [27 miles worth] before the marathon.

Splits:
  1. 10'04"
  2. 8'36"
  3. 8'34"
  4. 8'30"
  5. 9'48"
The workout itself was fun and a much-needed break from the day, even though I was hissed at by a goose.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, since I had so many typos in my original comments, I started over. I've enjoyed reading about your training for the marathon and will look back on it when I start training for my 1st. I will be there after finishing the mini to cheer on a friend in the full and if I happen to notice you, you will hear some cheers from the guys at RunTheVille.com. Again, good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous19:48

    You gotta love nature, with all the animals posing a hazard for the innocent runner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those geese are brutal! Worse than pitbulls to mailmen, haah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! Mint juleps all around!

    ReplyDelete