ORN: This morning, I ran just three miles around my neighborhood [29'59"], and it felt great. Just three. As always, the first mile was the hardest, with the stiffness and aches from Saturday's 13 lingering on. Mile two was better, and rather than try and speed through it all, I just punched into a comfortable pace and cruised. The morning was cool and clear, the air fresh from an overnight rain. Spring was popping all around in the form of new blossoms and buds on all the trees and bright, green grass in every yard.
All I could think about on my run is the marathon Saturday. I'm not panicking yet, but my anxiety level is rising. Not bad anxiety. It's the kind of fear and nervousness that keeps you on your toes. It's that kind of hypersensitivity and awareness that heightens your senses so you can hear the zombies' shuffling before they are upon you.
Later in the morning, I had an appointment with my cardiologist, and everything is going well under the hood. It was just a check up, and all is well.
You're going to do great!!! VERY exciting!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your kind 100% comments. I appreciate it!
Hope your getting excited! Good to hear all is well with the check up!
ReplyDeleteTear it up come race day!
ReplyDelete