2009-04-18

Last long run

ORN: Saturday, I ran 13.1 miles in 2:18'51". That's not a PR, but it was the most enjoyable 13 miles I have ever run. It was easy, steady, and pleasant. I did my new favorite route through Louisville, and when I was done, I was tired but not spent. The rest of my Saturday was pain-free and enjoyable. When I think of what a basket case I was after my last half marathon, I am amazed at how far I have come.

Incidentally, the race results of the Goose Creek 5K and point standings for the Kentucky State Parks Race Series are online now, and I am doing just fine. In the race series, I'm #1 in points for my age group. Miraculous. And then, in the race itself, I was 2nd of five in my age group, 35th out of 61 for all males, and 40th out of 103 overall. Not too shabby, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Your kickin ass in that series ey? Keep it up! Good vibes your way for sunday!

    ReplyDelete