2009-04-11

A version of the truth

ORN: This morning, I woke before the sun and ran 20.2 miles in 3:38'12". It was surprisingly not horrible. Sure, my feet felt like they were getting hit by baseball bats in the second half, but it was an amazing morning. Running through town allowed me to see different parts of the city wake up. My course took me from the park through a ritzy-titzy part of town to a gallery/hipster part [Frankfort Avenue]. Then I ran through Irish Hill and ended up on a bike trail that runs parallel to and sandwiched between I-64 and Lexington Road. I knew this place was there, but I never knew how nice it was. There was a little canal on one side and cute little bridges to cross over. Then it was into Cherokee Park for my weekly ordeal of hills. It didn't suck. And now it's over, and I am headed into my first taper week. Thank the egg-laying bunny.

The reason why my training is going so well is that I am actually a cyborg assassin from the future sent here to run 10 minute miles. [I don't ask a lot of questions when I get assignments.] PEW PEW PEW!

Thanks to Vanilla for the link.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous07:31

    Whoa, that is a Long run and sounds like a great run. Getting up before the sun is difficult, but once outside and running, I always wonder why I don't do this more often (more often than once or twice a year).

    Congrats on a great run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. That picture just freaks mea out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, congrats on the 20 mile run. Right now that seems so far away for me. Good luck on your 1st Marathon. It sounds like you have put in the work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I freaking love the bike path. And I love how much of the city you can see when running that far. It makes me remember how much I love this place.

    ReplyDelete