2009-08-09

[62] Hot socks on a Sunday morning

ORN: This morning, I ran 13.1 miles in 2:19'38". Since it was so hot and humid, even at 7 AM, I gave up any hope of running my target pace. I just wanted to get through it with as few walk breaks as possible. And no heat stroke. I claim success on all fronts. I ran from home to Cherokee Park for a short loop and back. Apart from the miserable heat, the run was fine up until the tenth mile or so when my feet started getting sore. I haven't been wearing my PF splint at night, so that was mostly my fault.

Regarding my socks, I wore the WrightSock Running II. I cannot give the sock the same glowing report that I gave the SLR I reviewed last time. This time, I experienced some hot spots on both big toes. I've never experienced that before, which makes me inclined to blame the socks. They were a little thicker than the SLRs, though still snug and comfortable. I worried they weren't the right socks for today's weather. Sure enough, a mile or two into the run, my feet started to feel too hot. But I can say they did a good job of keeping my feet dry. Come to think of it, it's kinda strange. On the one hand, they were good at keeping my feet dry. On the other, they were too thick, making my feet sweat more.

Whatever.

I am going to file these socks away for winter. They'll be good for colder days, not for summertime running.

2 comments:

  1. Good seeing you this morning! Shortly after that run-in, I would become a drippy mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous16:57

    Seen the heat, the 2:19'38" is excellent for a half marathon.

    ReplyDelete