The payoff for all my suffering was the heartbreaking appearance of a mother duck and her 11 ducklings crossing the street on Westport Road. They waddled along single file, and mama duck was looking around nervously at the two lanes of traffic she and her brood were stopping. I took the opportunity to cross the street but kept a respectful distance from them. They were adorable.
- Take Warning - Operation Ivy
- Scoff - Nirvana
- Corona - Minutemen
- Construction - Crimpshrine
- So Low - Nomeansno
- This Is Radio Clash - The Clash
- Bad Luck - Social Distortion
- Simmer Down - Bob Marley and The Wailers
- Tribute To Don Drummond - Rico Rodriguez
- Stop It, Girl - The Gruesomes
- Kids - Descendents
- Guns and the Young - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
- Too Much Too Young - The Specials
- I Can't Do Anything - X Ray Spex
- Hearing Aid - They Might Be Giants
- Poison-Safe - Controller.Controller
- In The Beginning - K'naan
- High School - Isaac Green & The Skalars
- Star Bellied Boy - Bikini Kill
- Paraguayan Sun - Bim Skala Bim
- Kashmir - Led Zeppelin
- Chicken Farm - Dead Kennedys
- Jailhouse - Bob Marley and The Wailers
- When I Call Your Name - Stranger & Patsy
- Freedom of Choice - Devo
- One of These Days - Operation Ivy
- Night Boat to Cairo - Madness
- I'm So Bored With The U.S.A. - The Clash
- Plastic Bag - X Ray Spex
- The Word - The Beatles
- Forty-Three Masonic - Foibles
- Hong Kong, Mississippi - Bodeco
- The Snakepit - The Cure
Tried arch supports for the fascia? Or have you been wearing unsupportive shoes since it got warm and we all nabbed our flip-flops out of the closet?
ReplyDeleteI have. Not with this pair of shoes, though. And frankly, the Brooks haven't really cleared up the foot & leg pain I was starting to get as my last pair [Mizuno Wave Inspire] died. I keep waiting for them to "break in" but after about 140 miles, I'm beginning to think they might not be the shoes for me. Oh well. I'll limp into the store eventually and get something else. :-)
ReplyDeleteI have been going barefoot more and wearing unsupportive shoes. I know that's a no-no for people with PF problems. But I have also been doing tons of plantar stretches throughout the day. Somehow, I believe that through force of will [rather than scientific evidence and sports medicine advice] I will get through this without better arch support.
Yes, I am a dumbass.
Actually, I agree definitely with the stretches and with trying to strengthen the fascia by going barefoot. You know, 4000 years ago people were not wearing arch supports. I have a pair of vibram five fingers I'm using to help strengthen everything, but you have to do it very gradually ...
ReplyDeleteAs soon as you're ready, get your tush back in the store and lets try something else. Bring me the Inspires and the Adrenalines, just for kicks.