I didn't run a step this weekend, but I kept busy. I did a fair bit of yard work, which I count as cross training, and some house work. And a whole lot of sitting on my ass. Little One and I also enjoyed the YMCA's new water park. She had a blast perfecting her new skill -- swimming under water. ["Daddy, watch this. Daddy, watch this. DADDY!"] I had a blast making sure other people's rude, horrible, oafish children didn't drown my precious snowflake.
The YMCA water park is one helluva place to people-watch and witness the spectrum of human fitness. There were the overweight people you see everywhere, from the merely flabby [like me] to spheroid. But then again there were the über-fit, scary people. I swear, one woman looked like a superhero action figure, sans boobs. I guess she was a body builder or triathlete or something. Seriously, girlfriend had bulky abdominal muscles. Her abdomen was convex because her abs were that frakkin' huge.
Also, Little One got to see her first dude with nipple rings. "Daddy," she whispered, "that man has ear rings on his...," and pointed to her chest. "Yes," I said, "yes, he does." It was a milestone for the baby book. This weekend proves to me that I need a camera phone like a big dog. This post would have rocked your world if I had pix to go with it.
BTW, "Secret March" by The Wet Secrets is my new favorite song to end a run to.
- Why Can't I Be You? - The Cure
- Mad Man - The Hives
- Old Friendships - Operation Ivy
- Here We Go Again - Operation Ivy
- Coup De Ska - Beat Soup
- Turn Your Lights Down Low - Bob Marley and The Wailers
- Licking Stick-Licking Stick - James Brown
- Don't Let's Start - They Might Be Giants
- Too Much Pressure - The Selecter
- Construction - Crimpshrine
- Old School (circa 1991) - Foibles
- Icky Thump - The White Stripes
- Alter Mann - Rammstein
- Boxing My Shadow - K'naan
- Secret March - The Wet Secrets
I'm glad I'm not alone in counting housework or yard work as cross training!
ReplyDelete