2008-12-29

Greetings from 38°15'11" N, 85°45'43" W, Alt. 350.27 ft.

ORN: Ran 3 1/4 miles in 31'05" today. The weather was 48° and sunny. Couldn't ask for better weather this time of year. I ran heavily laden with gadgets. In addition to my usual menagerie, I ran with my shiny, new GPS, a MyTach Sport Trainer from AIM. I know, I had never heard of a MyTach either until I found myself in possession of one. [It had more to do with Fortuna than Santa Claus.] I'll post a review of it next week. My first impressions of it as a running accessory are mixed. I'm going to love using it for hiking and [possibly] geocaching.

I'm a little sore today from hitting the gym yesterday. I did 20 minutes on an elliptical, and then I did another 40 minutes or so of calisthenics. I focused on core strength exercises like crunches, pullups, and pushups; but I also did some squat presses that kicked my hamstrings' asses. I really felt it while running today. Anyway, I have been inspired by Runner Susan's Leg Torture sessions to add more weight training into my week in order to make my leg strength more balanced. I also need to do something about my upper body. I'd love to be free of my B-cup man-boobs and beer belly in 2009. In fact, I would like to cross the starting line of my race in April with about 10 fewer pounds of flab.

To that end, I am going to strive [along with Wifey's support] to get more fruits and vegetables in my diet. I figure if I pack myself tight with broccoli and apples, there won't be any room for White Castles and Whoppers, right? Right?

1 comment:

  1. I always find room for White Castle. ALWAYS.

    ReplyDelete