ORN: Today I sped through 3.0 miles in 30'07", which is remarkable considering I walked for 60 seconds after miles one and two. I felt strong and fast. I wonder whether the 20 minutes of pilates I did before hand made a difference?
As I ran along, I thought about training for the upcoming Derby Festival Marathon. A lot of bloggers I follow are either getting ready to run a marathon or are just now recovering from Chicago or Denver or whatever. I've gotten the bug. I'm really looking forward to training for my first 26.2. I thinking about how I am going to get all those miles in. I'll probably end up doing doubles during the week and getting up and stupid-30 in the morning on Saturdays like everyone else in the world.
In other news, I woke up this morning weighing 179 pounds without really trying. I haven't been below 180 in a long time.
Glad to hear you've caught the marathon fever! I try to limit my double workouts to twice a week... I find that too many double workouts don't give my legs adequate time to recover... especially after speed work.
ReplyDeleteHeather: That's good advice. I don't want to overtrain, that's for sure.
ReplyDelete